Friday, April 08, 2005

Divestment from Israel?

Scott Wells at Boys in the Band thinks the UUA should consider a divestment from Israel motion at General Assembly.

I think we should stay away from such overly political stuff and spend our time on religous and philosophical issues, of which we have more than enough.

Who the heck is the UUA and its members to decide whether Israel or Palestine is right? It astonishes me that some of us think we have the insight to know who's right or wrong on this incredibly complex issue.

3 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy in the Bands/Scott here --

I suggested no such thing; you jumped to that conculsion. I want UU bloggers to investigate what matters are coming up at our General Assembly, even as the UCC bloggers are

 
At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

. . . considering Israeli divestment.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Paul Wilczynski said...

After re-reading your post, I apologize. I must have read it too quickly the first time.

Did generate a bit of interesting discussion, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

">