Monday, July 18, 2005

Being a Universalist

Transient and Permanent has a piece called I am a Universalist. When I saw it, I thought of a member of my congregation (hi, Pat!) so I thought I'd mention it here. It begins ...
A number of people have commented online in the past several years about an apparent surge in Universalists within Unitarian-Universalism. Most of these commentators have been seminarians discussing the climate at their seminaries, and some seem downright ambivalent. There is the sense that a sea change has occurred and that people seem to prefer to claim our Universalist heritage more than our Unitarian; and furthermore, that the claim arises out of ahistorical, rather fuzzy-headed ideas that the Univeralists were more about "the heart" than those repressed, corpse-cold Unitarians we're all supposed to treat with gentle mockery. ...

1 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger Robin Edgar said...

Or not so gentle mockery. . .

How about 'The Church of the Living Dead?' ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

">