Thursday, July 24, 2008

Moving to Charleston, SC area

Well, we're finally doing it. We've signed a Purchase and Sale agreement on our house in Quincy, MA and bought a house in North Charleston, SC.

The developer of the massive project in North Charleston of which our community is a part is called Noisette.

Our new community within the Noisette redevelopment is called Oak Terrace Preserve. It's a green community, and we're psyched to be part of it.

It's going to be quite a change. The Noisette project is sometimes referred to as an example of New Urbanism. North Charleston doesn't look like any area I've lived in before. (First of all, it's in the South!). Parts of it are grittier than I'm used to. Part of the Noisette development is utilizing the area of a former Navy base. There's a lot more manufacturing in the area than there's been in previous places I've lived.

But that's part of what I'm looking forward to - a real experience change. I absolutely love Charleston. It's beautiful, and has been rated the Friendliest city in America for a couple of years running.

Moving is somewhere in the latter part of August - don't have a date firmed up yet.

4 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best wishes in this new adventure!

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friendly place? On the surface, perhaps.
Have you looked at www.gobacktoohio.com
?
This is a site maintained by a Charlestonian.

Time for a www.gobacktomass.com ?

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Paul Wilczynski said...

I've heard that on occasion, the friendliness is only skin deep :)

A guy I was talking to for a while in North Charleston, when I was about to leave, said to me "People from the north are like hemmeroids. They come down, but we'd just as soon have them go back up."

I think that was humor. Not sure. I expect it's pretty funny to southerners :)

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are many truly friendly people here (a Charleston resident) and I hope that you enjoy your new environment. Your development is an exciting one for these area. N. Charleston is an interesting mix of some revitalized sections and some very poor sections, but is a town striving towards a vision. Late August is very hot--so be forewarned and have your cool gear packed so that you can get to it easily. Welcome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

">