Monday, September 29, 2008

What it takes to vote

In Massachusetts, when I went to vote I showed up, verbally gave them my name and address, they found it on a list, and they gave me a ballot.

In my new state of South Carolina, I applied to vote when I got my new drivers license. In the mail I received a "State of S.C. Voter Registration Notification" (registration card) with my name, address, and what appears to be a registration number. When I vote, I have to show this card, and either a valid photo identification or a "current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document - excluding your voter registration card".

Luckily, for me this is not an onerous restriction to voting. I'm thinking that it may not be as easy for everyone in the state.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

">