Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Working Americans Let Down by the Republican Party

Former senator John Edwards comments on something Howard Dean said..
What a flap has arisen over a disagreement about the way something is said! I was in Nashville over the weekend, thanking the good people of Tennessee who supported the Democratic presidential ticket this year, when I was asked whether I thought that it was fair to say that people who were Republican hadn’t done a good day’s work. Of course, I didn’t think so, and I said that. I don’t think our DNC chair, Howard Dean, would put it that way again if asked either. I disagreed with him, and I said so. And, I want to be clear, I would have to say so again if I were asked again. I said a lot of good things about Howard’s outreach program and invigoration of the internet as a communication and fundraising tool, but no one wrote about that. Instead the headlines blared that I disagreed with Howard. And then the flap arose: A chasm! A split! A revolt! ...

2 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger Chalicechick said...

Howard Dean is just not ready for primetime, and he's only going to bring up more grief.

Saying things that we would consider bigoted were they said about any group BUT the Republicans is just tacky.

And I bet people being pilloried for saying something badly didn't bother Edwards a bit when the one being pilloried was Trent Lott.

CC

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Paul Wilczynski said...

The thing that bothers me about Dean is that he doesn't seem to realize that, if the Democrats are going to win elections, they need to get votes from people who didn't vote for them last time.

And he seems to be alientating those who didn't vote Democrat last time. He doesn't need to preach to the choir - he needs to preach to those who are at least listening to the choir.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

">