Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Rabbi talk show host gets cancelled by Mormon-owned station

Rabbi Shmuley Boteach who is, among other things, a talk-show host, was recently fired by the Mormon-owned station for organizing an event to help victims of hurricane Katrina. After his show ended for the day ...
What happened next shocked me to my core. Rod Arquette, Salt Lake Radio Group’s vice president for news and programming, sent me an e-mail message on the Jewish Sabbath (I retrieved it when the Sabbath concluded) ordering me not to come to Utah. He further left an aggressive message on my answering machine, saying that although he understood that I could not speak on the telephone on the Sabbath, he wanted me to know that under no circumstances was I to come to Utah. After the Sabbath concluded, he told me by phone that my radio show was being cancelled, saying that I had organized an event for the refugee families on Wednesday without the station’s prior approval. ...
Wouldn't want to help destitute people without going all the way up the chain of command, now would we?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

">