Thursday, February 16, 2006

Bode not particularly interested in medals

The BBC reports ...
American skiing star Bode Miller says he is not particularly interested in winning Olympic medals and would be happy to walk away from the sport.

Miller, the overall World Cup champion, won two Olympic silver medals in 2002.

"I could give up tomorrow without having the slightest regret," the 28-year-old told Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport.

Hey, thanks for showing up and representing us, you loser!

4 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Blogger PeaceBang said...

I think he makes worthy points in the article about the way excessive competition and insanity leads to doping, and the perils of athlete celebrity. He's a known provacateur, but hardly a LOSER.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Paul Wilczynski said...

The one and only reason one should compete in the Olympics is to win. He may be well knowledgeable and well-spoken, but if he's not there totally to win, he's a loser and should step aside to let someone else have an opportunity.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger PeaceBang said...

I agree with you, but I treated his comments like I would treat the rantings of any person I thought just wanted negative attention: I didn't believe he really meant it.
Probably my mistake.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Paul Wilczynski said...

I generally take people very literally. Probably comes from being a techie :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

">